Tuesday, October 11, 2011

General Conference: Oct. 2011 Self Improvement

For those of you who don't know what General Conference is you can check it out here. I highly recomend it, even if you are not a member of the Church or Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, there are still great talks on christian values and self improvement.

After this last General Conference I have decided to examine one talk each month, find a goal that it inspires me to do and then do it. The goal for this month is using my time wisely. The goal came from Ian S. Arden's talk. In his talk he invited us to "identify the time-wasting distractions in our lives that may need to be figuratively ground into dust". So that's what I did and here is what I found.

Facebook
TV
Reading Blogs / Pinterest

Now to grind them to dust. I don't intend to eliminate them completely from my life but I do intend to grind them down to size. Here are their appropriate sizes in my life and therefor my goals

Facebook- 10 minuets a day
TV shows- 2 episodes a week
Reading Blogs / Pinterest- 1 hour a day

Here goes. I'm curious to know what what other people have set for goals. If they are inspired by a general conference talk or something else.

No comments: