Friday, October 28, 2011

Caramel Apples

I love caramel apples. I have fond memories of my grandma making them. Now a days people put all sorts of things on them. Jenny and I decided to try. These are our attempts.


They look OK in the pictures but overnight the caramel fell lower and lower. It was a sad thing to wake up to so I must ask. Does anyone know a better caramel recipe where the caramel will stay on the apple? If so PLEASE share.

Here are some suggestions that a friend of a friend recommended.
-Chill the apples in the fridge for at least 24 hours so they are nice and cold when you dip them in the caramel -keep the caramel on low heat just barely enough to keep it smooth so it isn't so thin and runny
-chill the pans you put them on also
-use a non-stick baking pan instead of the cheaper ones. The caramel doesn't run near as much on the thicker colder non-stick pan.

Best of Luck and a Happy Halloween,

Miss Riss

No comments: