Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Starfish Christmas Ornaments

I know that Thanks Giving hasn't happened yet but as I mentioned in my last post, I am probably going to move soon and that makes the idea of decorating for thanksgiving seem pointless.  Therefor, onto the Christmas decorating I go because I just might be able to decorate by then.

This year I am adding Starfish to my Christmas decorations. Glittery Christmas tree ornaments starfish to be exact. I know I am not the first to do this, but what is the point of looking at all those creative blogs if I never recreate the things I see?

Making them was supper easy. Just grab your starfish, sponge brush, two paper plates, glitter, modge podge, hot glue and some twine of ribbon.


When you have got all the stuff together, modge podge the starfish and sprinkle glitter over it.


While the starfish dry cut your ribbon or twine into 6 inch pieces. When they are dry flip them over and hot glue your twine or ribbon to them so that they make a loop.


Let the hot glue dry and then you are done.
My plan is to give a few of these shining stars out as gifts to a couple friends this holiday season. Early of course so they can hang them on the tree.


Happy Holidays,
Miss Riss

No comments: