Friday, November 4, 2011

Maple Pumpkin Cookies {Food Friday}


Happy Food Friday. One of my favorite things about fall is the food people cook during this season. Everything just has to be something to eat while you snuggle up with good book or a classic old movie. And if for some reason you should happen to have made to many of something (say cookies) then it is the perfect season to share all the extras.

Here is a cookie recipe for Maple Pumpkin Cookies. It make allot of cookies so you will be able to share. I am not sure where I found it but it wasn't pinned to any of my boards so sorry if you put this on the internet before me. 



Set oven to 350 F

Cream together
2 c. Sugar
2 c. Canned Pumpkin
2 c. Shortening
2 eggs and mix well

Then add
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp. Salt
4 c. Flour

Mix again. Soon one inch balls 
onto pan. Cook for 10 minuets

Frosting
6 tbs. melted butter in a sauce pan.
8 tbs. milk
1 c. brown sugar

Let brown sugar dissolve and cool a bit.

Add
2 c. Powdered Sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla

Drizzle over hot cookies.

I hope you enjoy them.
Miss Riss

No comments: