Friday, September 21, 2012

Food Friday: Taco Soup

This is a little recipe that is great for a girl with little time to cook and little experience in the kitchen (aka. me).

Ingredients:
1/5 lb. Ground beef
1/4 c. Chopped Onion
1 1/2 c. Water
1 can (16 oz.)Kidney beans
1 can (16 oz.) Stewed Tomatoes
1 can (8 oz) Tomato Sauce
2 Tbs. Taco Seasoning
1 Small Avocado (optional)
Grated Chedar Cheese
Corn Chips
Sour Cream (you can substitute plain yogurt)

What you do:
Brown ground beef. Drain off the fat. Add the water, tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, onion and taco seasoning. Cover it and let it simmer for 15 minuets. Put it in your individual bowl and top it off with cheese, corn chips, sour cream and avocado.

I have the ground beef pre cooked and frozen so I just take out a bag and defrost it in the microwave before adding it in. This saves me a ton of same day cooking time.

This recipe is very yummy and filling. Plus it makes left overs and is easy to double if your family eats allot. Most importantly both me and my husband like it.

Have a great weekend,
Miss Riss


1 comment:

Kourtney said...

Thanks for sharing!! Looks yummy!!